The Arizona basketball team is a lock for the NCAA Tournament.
But the Wildcats’ seed is still up in the air.
That seed took a hit with the team’s upset loss against Arizona State on Saturday.
Take a look at the latest March Madness bracketology projections for Tommy Lloyd’s Wildcats, who are 24-5 overall and 13-5 in the Pac-12 with two games remaining in the regular season (at USC on Thursday, at UCLA on Saturday).
The Pac-12 Tournament runs March 8 through March 11.
More:Arizona State basketball on NCAA Tournament bubble in 2023 March Madness projections
USA TODAY Sports: Arizona No. 3 seed in Midwest Region
The site projects that the Wildcats will take on No. 14 seed Youngstown State in Sacramento in the first round.
The Wildcats had been the No. 2 seed in the East Region in the previous projection.
ESPN: Arizona No. 3 seed in Midwest Region
The site projects that the Wildcats will face No. 14 seed UC-Irvine in the first round of the NCAA Tournament in Sacramento.
Arizona had been a No. 2 seed in the West Region in the site’s projection before the loss to Arizona State.
More:Arizona State’s shot vs. Arizona: ‘Ball don’t lie,’ ‘karma’ help Sun Devils stun Wildcats
CBS Sports: Arizona No. 3 seed in South Region
The site has the Wildcats projected to face No. 14 seed Hofstra in Sacramento in the first round of March Madness.
Tommy Lloyd’s team had previously been the No. 2 seed in the West Region in the site’s projection.
Inside the Hall: Arizona No. 2 seed in South Region
The site has the Wildcats taking on No. 15 seed Eastern Washington in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
Arizona had previously been the No. 2 seed in the West Region in the site’s projection.
More:Arizona State stuns rival Arizona with half-court shot by Desmond Cambridge
Teamrankings.com: Wildcats a No. 3 seed in NCAA Tournament
The site puts Arizona as the last No. 3 seed in the tournament. It gives the team a 29% chance to earn the Pac-12’s automatic bid into March Madness and a 71% chance to earn an at-large bid.
Arizona had been the second No. 2 seed before the loss to Arizona State.
Sporting News: Arizona still a No. 2 seed in NCAA Tournament, barely
Bill Bender wrote: “The Wildcats are starting to profile more like a No. 3 seed, but a victory against UCLA on Saturday would eliminate some doubts.”
Reach Jeremy Cluff at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @Jeremy_Cluff.
Support local journalism: Subscribe to azcentral.com today.